Dear wine lovers! Our LENTE BOX !
Despite winter snow and ice, the daffodils really do come out every year! A little exercise and healthy and easily digestible food, it sounds totally responsible. We will then try to combine that with one of our delicious juicy tasty responsibly -bio- made wines ... .
In short, we enjoy the Moment and we hereby launch the concept of Present-ism!
1. CAVA ORIOL ROSSEL CUVÉE ESPECIAL BRUT CAVA, BIOLOGICAL, SPAIN
We can't enter spring without bubbles: our cava is a world champion! World
Champion Champagne and Sparkling Wine & Most Value Cava Blend of Xarello, Maccabeo and Parellada grapes; 16 -18 months sur lattes. Fine mousse, aroma of soft fresh fruit and freshly baked bread, nice complex flavor and a long, almost creamy finish.
Serving temperature: 8°C. Serve with: As an aperitif, with plateau Fruits de mer. But this guilty pleasure also goes very well with dark chocolate!
2. CUEVA DEL CHAMÁN BLANCO VERDEJO BODEGAS SANTA CRUZ SPAIN
From high altitude organic vineyards near Benidorm. Santa Cruz de Alpera anno 1947 is an alliance of 25 organic winegrowers. Motto: Strong together, working together for perfection. Beautiful ripe, elegant fruit notes with hints of tropical fruit and pickled pear. On the palate dry, fresh and purer than the purest water. Superb, juicy. Serving temperature: 8-10°C.
Serve with: Crustaceans, shellfish, salmonids, whitefish; asparagus; paella/Asian; goat cheese
3. WEISSBURGUNDER CLASSICO ST. MICHAEL EPPAN, ALTO ADIGE, ITALY
This star comes from northern Italy, and exactly matches Hubrecht Duijker's description "as clean and clear as a mountain stream." Refined, harmonious, and pleasing with something of apple and pear. Subsoil gravel, clay and slate, altitude 480-650 mtrs, made on "the fruit" so on stainless steel tanks, with partial malolactic fermentation. (The fresh malic acid is converted to the much softer lactic acid) Serving temperature: 8-10°C.Serve with: By itself or with
antipasti, fish, salad, thin-cut lightly pickled cod with buffalo mozzarella brandade red beet pomegranate and truffle; ceviche style hamachi with beet sweet potato cumin coriander and horseradish; carpaccio scallops with bacon vinaigrette and beet; white meats; pizza pasta and mild cheeses
4. MARCEL MALBEC BY CHATEAU DU CEDRE CAHORS, VIN DE FRANCE, FRANCE
Finally found a really fine organic Malbec: Fruity, powerful yet elegant,
round and soft. No wood aging. From the most famous chateau in French Cahors: Chateau du Cedre. Winemaker owner Pascal Verhaeghe knows his stuff and you can taste it.
Serving temperature: 16°C. Serve with: White meat like chicken, rabbit, pork but also red meat and lamb, soft creamy cheese and goat cheese.
5. CHATEAU LION NOIR, HENRY COSYNS, BORDEAUX SUPERIEUR, FRANCE BIOA true pleasure in the glass, this convincingly delicious organically made supple fast-drinking red Bordeaux from 70% Merlot and 15% Cabernet Sauvignon & 15%Cabernet Franc. Not aged in wood. The beautiful dark color and tough part of the character come from both Cabernets; the enchantingly delicious supple side, of course, from the Merlot. Pouring temperature: 16-18°C.
Serve with: Simply delicious on its own but also a great meat wine: red meat, lamb, (feather) game, pig; hard cheese
6. ARBINO ROSSO, VENEA, NICOLINO PAOLUCCI, MONTEPULCIANO D'ABRUZZO, ITALY
Made on fruit (i.e., stainless steel). The partial ripasso (drying of the grapes) gives fullness body and power. Very dark colored. Rich aroma of ripe fruits (plums) red berries and violets. Juicy complex soft refined body. Super price qualityPouring temperature 16 C Serve with ravioli with ricotta and spinach pomodori cream, roasted pepperoni and arugula, sirloin steak or ribeye with red wine gravy or herb butter