Galil Mountain Viognier 2021

A fruity and aromatic wine with a golden color. The wine has aromas of fresh nectarine, pear, green plums and lime, on a background of toasted almond and honey aromas. Pleasing on the palate, the wine has balanced acidity with a silky texture and a caressing finish.
About 80% of the wine underwent cold fermentation in stainless steel tanks, while the remaining 20% aged for 4 months in new French oak barrels. The cold fermentation allows the wine to retain the fresh character of the Viognier, while the wood and yeast characters were developed in the barrel.
  • About Galil Mountain

    The Upper Galilee mountain range is much more than a location for Galil Mountain Winery; it is their very soul and soul. The winery is located in a breathtaking spot at the top of the mountain range, just south of the border with Lebanon. It is a modern designed building that focuses on revitalizing the regions rich history of winemaking. A great location for growing quality vines.

    The grapes come from vineyards scattered throughout the Upper Galilee mountain range, the region north of Haifa, one of Israel's best wine regions. Situated 800 meters above sea level and topped with mostly shale, these vineyards produce distinctive and incredibly mineral wines. Each vineyard has its own distinct terroir and microclimate which allows winemaker Micha Vaadia to create stunningly good assemblages. Established as a joint venture between the world-renowned Golan Heights Winery & Kibbutz Yiron, Galil Mountain Winery maintains the delicate balance between tradition and technology. An inspiring and critically acclaimed selection!

    Men makes quality wines that express the expression of the region. From fruity and easy drinking to full-bodied and complex with high storage potential.

    • Druif

      Viognier

    • Jaartal

      2021

    • Herkomst

      Upper Galilee, Israël

    • Lekker bij

      Gebakken witvis en coquilles, curry's, falafel en hummus

    • Smaakprofiel

      Zijdezacht, evenwichtig en aangenaam

    • Productiemethode

      Duurzaam, kosher, vegan

    • Inhoud

      14 % - 0.75 cl