Questions about our wine? Call 06-51532464


Your Cart is Empty

St. Michael Eppan Riesling 'Montiggl' 2018

This grape variety, native to Germany, produces the world's finest white wines and has found an ideal terroir in some parts of South Tyrol. Riesling places high demands on a vineyard and prefers a cool but very sunny climate. That is exactly what Montiggl has to offer. The local porphyry soils give the wine its backbone. Fruity notes and mineral acidity make Montiggl Riesling truly captivating. This elegant wine is enjoying increasing popularity. The wine is yellow-green in color. It has intense aromas of white peach and apricot. The wine is elegant, balanced and mineral.
The vineyards are located between 480 and 550m high in Montiggl above the large Montiggler Lake facing south and southeast. (See photos) The terroir consists of gravel and gravelly soil. Manual harvesting of the Riesling takes place in early October.Fermentation in stainless steel tanks, followed by another five months of development on lees.

  • About St. Michael Eppan

    The Cantina St. Michael-Eppan cooperative will be one hundred and fourteen years old in 2021 and is a benchmark for any wine lover. The Cantina has made a crucial contribution in achieving the high status of Alto Adige wines over the last 20 years. Winemaker Hans Terzer is the 'kellermeister' with unparalleled technical skills, who for 40 years has been translating intuition and knowledge of the hinterland into a range of wines that combines unparalleled quality with character. Awarded for 32 years with 'tre bicchieri' in the Italian wine guide: Gambero Rosso.

    The wines of St. Michael-Eppan are divided into three lines: Classico, Selezione and Sanct Valentin. White wines make up 70% of production and the remaining 30% are reds. Among red wines, the local grape schiava occupies the most important place, alongside pinot noir, lagrein, merlot and cabernet-sauvignon. Among white wines, weissburgunder plays an important role, alongside sauvignon-blanc, gewürztraminer, chardonnay and pinot grigio. All wines are characterized by great freshness, in which the pure, cool mountain climate of South Tyrol (that's how the Alto Adige region is popularly called) can be tasted. Winemaker Hans Terzer has been particularly successful in giving all individual wines their own identity.

    St. Michael-Eppan has not only been listed in the Gambero Rosso with "Tre Bichierri" for 32 years in a row. They may also call themselves Premio CANTINA COOPERATIVA DELL'ANNO 2021.

    The estate is in the top 10 best winemakers in Italy. Not for nothing do 70% of the wines stay in Italy! The remaining 30% go all over the world.

    • Druif


    • Jaartal


    • Herkomst

      Alto Adige, Italië

    • Lekker bij

      Lichte visgerechten, groentegerechten, asperges, salade met geitenkaas

    • Smaakprofiel

      Fris, evenwichtig en mineraal

    • Productiemethode


    • Inhoud

      13 % - 0.75 cl